- Capital city: SOFIA
- Inhabitants: 7 millions
- EU membership since 2007
Did you know?
- Sofia city was created in the III century B.C.
- Bulgarians were the first nation to develop and use air-bombs during the First Balkan War in 1912. Plans were latter sold to Germany.
- Nearly 35% of Bulgaria’s land area are covered with forests
- Bulgarian currency (lev) is fixed with low to the euro at the rate of 1.95583 (1lev = 1.95583 euro)
- Bulgaria produces about 70% of the rose oil in the world. The price of 1 kg. of Bulgarian rose oil is around 6 000 euro. The highest price paid was $10 000 in 2007.
- Yogurt was invented in Bulgarians land by the ancient Thracians. Bulgaria’s yogurt is considered the healthiest yogurt in Europe, thanks to a unique bacteria native to the country (Bacillus bulgaricus).
- EU page on Bulgaria
- Official tourism portal of Bulgaria
- Wikipedia description of Bulgaria
- UN country profile Bulgaria